Friday, March 09, 2012

The Curse of the Yummy Mummy


(for D!)

I have been blessed to have some amazing fellow mothers in my journey of Mummyhood - my birthing group.  A fantastic bunch of ladies, each one compassionate, creative, successful, and witty.  There is only one problem:

THEY ARE ALL GORGEOUS.

Even pregnant they were all sticks with bumps, whereas I?  I looked like the Stay Puft Marshmellow man from Ghostbusters.  Within 6 weeks of their births, they were all back down to their baby weight, and I was actually starting to GAIN weight!  When we go out now, it looks like the cast of Bridesmaids.


Like the Ascent of Man, but with Hotness.  



And I understand that I have no one to blame but myself here, when they were doing buggy aerobics I was sitting on the couch snarfing Toblerone, but dayum if it isn't a tough pill to swallow to see the people who were the exact same body type I was (preggers) at the exact same time, and to see how far forward they have gone, versus how far backwards I have come.  

It's okay though, I'm getting there.  See, I have to remember that everyone has issues.  Everyone.  And while their issues may not be weight, it may be something else.  We all have baggage;  mine just happens to be 2 Samsonite thighs and a belly that would not fit in the overhead compartment.

We start rehearsals in about a month or so for the Olympic games.  I'm ridiculously excited.  Exercise I actually ENJOY doing, versus when I look at the Wii now and groan with boredom.  And this week I basically haven't eaten (which I know is bad, I've just been sick), so I can start slowly with some yummy choices.  AND, now that the weather isn't icky all the time, I can take baby out for way more long walks like when he was little (I was averaging 5 miles walked a day with him during the summer!).  So, we're on the upswing.  Maybe by June I'll get to Kristen Wiig hotness.  Maybe.




3 comments:

  1. I'm the fat one in my NCT group too. That's what I get for having cake at every meetup while they just had a coffee...

    I bet those Olympic rehearsals will be fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You know, I am a firm believer in doing what feeds your soul - if you need the cake, you eat the damn cake. Next time, you eat a little less cake, or split it with someone. But you never hate the cake (or yourself for enjoying it!). Besides, I bet they were all envious of you/starving. ;)

      Delete
    2. Yes they did often comment on how I always looked happy and worry-free... Until I guess they started noticing my clothes looking more and more tent-like! *shrugs* I still maintain that I deserved and needed those treats after nine months of being good :)

      Delete